Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Writing in abbreviations

Scented candles, that’s what it is -- the terrible smell seeping through my walls and poisoning me. I want to go over and ask my neighbor if she would consider using candles only scented with essential oils, no synthetics, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. I’m not even sure how much better that would be. I guess I should get the air purifier out of my room, roll it around the corner and see if that helps, but somehow that sounds too tiring right now. I went on a short walk, really short because I was tired immediately, couldn’t even appreciate the beauty so I came back.

Everyone wears sunglasses here, all the time pretty much, and that’s because the sun is so strong, even in the winter the glare. But then when you wear sunglasses, it makes it so much harder to go out without sunglasses, right? So I try not to wear them, except when I’m walking right into the sun -- I need my direct winter sunlight. But how dangerous is the sun, that’s what I’m wondering, because people are wearing sunglasses to protect their eyes from cataracts or cancer or whatever, and I definitely need that protection too.

Oh, no -- it’s allergy season, the wind blowing whatever it is into my nostrils, drying everything out, jaw hurts like someone hit me. I remember this from my visit last spring, nonstop allergies and here it comes again, pain in my shoulders, time to lie down.

Didn’t help. Now my arms ache, maybe that’s from walking? Jaw still hurts. No energy, writing in abbreviations

2 comments:

queerartist said...

eeek gad!!! scented candles. The woman next door to me uses some type of cheap cherry smelling spray and it comes into my apt. via the bathroom vent. Had to tape over the vent. I would be the first to smash and dump out all the perfume bottles, cologne containers, room deodorizers, scented candles, scented laundry detergent, and on and on to get a scent free world. They are killing some of us and you know what I mean.

Oh Mattilda the town sounds so lovely and you have a lovely home but I hope the area isn't making you sicker.

Please be well
Love Richard

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Richard, yes let's "smash and dump out all the perfume bottles, cologne containers, room deodorizers, scented candles, scented laundry detergent, and on and on..." yes together that would be fun, or wait -- I guess we would have to put all of it in some kind of airtight compartment, maybe the White House or something?

Love --
mattilda