Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This is the kind of thing that makes me happy-- even on a day when I feel terrible, I can read these sweet words about That's Revolting! and cry a little and try to dream...

It’s narcissistic, but I’m completely convinced that fate brought me to this book. Because it’s exactly what I needed at exactly this moment.

The last time I saw Anne R. Kissed (you remember her right?) we spent a lot of time hemming and hawing about how white, rich, racist, and easily offended Denver queers are. I told Anne that I was beginning to question my own convictions. Maybe I really was the bad ignorant fag every one said I was and I should just shut up and help paper-mache the pride float with everyone else.

But That’s Revolting! was like a rally cry, or a neon sign, or a smack in the head from my mother.

I feel refreshed and inspired and validated. I feel less bad for hating Glee and sending hate mail to Dan Savage and crashing GLBT Student Services parties and picking fights with girls at the lesbian knitting circle. I don’t feel so beaten down.

And yes yes, please keep hating Glee and particularly sending hate mail to Dan Savage, I would love to see that hate mail he certainly needs more...

Read the rest of Kat's post here, and also check out this other great post...

2 comments:

Kat said...

Mr. Savage never responds to my letter. I'm not sure why.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Too much positive thinking...

Love--
mattilda