Monday, August 29, 2011

Somewhere beautiful

And, another problem: mobility. Or, lack of mobility. Sometimes I feel trapped within the small area where I can walk, and then I wonder what it would be like if I had a car. And then I could just drive to somewhere beautiful, somewhere different, somewhere unusual – so many amazing choices around here, that's for sure. Or, even just to Arcade News, right? Not so beautiful, but a change of pace.

I can't tell you how sick I am of the same walk down the alley and then back around the corner. Even a quick visit to somewhere less familiar seems to clear my head – like last night, in the rain that wasn't really rain, the darkness so comforting and I did get that one moment of calm before exhaustion again, time to walk home.

Of course I can't drive because of pain, and I don't want a car because I hate cars and all they represent, and then that makes me dislike this town more, the lack of mobility. Sure, I could take a bus down Cerrillos, stand in the sun waiting and waiting, but anywhere else – forget it.

2 comments:

Claire Cramer said...

Do you like being on the water?

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yes, I love the water!

Love –
mattilda