Tuesday, January 17, 2012

For some reason I wrote this down months ago from a movie I didn't like that much...

Except for the final scene where this is the conversation that happens between mother and daughter, and suddenly it was incredible the way the mother who paid no attention to the daughter suddenly heard her and said the right things -- oh, the movie was/is Tiny Furniture...

I had sex with him
In this house?
No.
At his house?
No, he has a girlfriend.
On the street?
No, worse.
What’s worse than the street?
Inside a pipe on the street.
Were you cold?
No.
Did you use protection?
No.
I want you to take care of yourself.

Do you hear that sound?
Yes, it’s the alarm clock.
Can you do something about it?

I moved it in the other room
I can still hear it.
But not as much, right?

2 comments:

kayti said...

I love this and I am glad you wrote it down.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Yay -- thank you, Kayti :)

Love --
mattilda