Tuesday, January 03, 2012

That window

Okay, it's one of those days when I actually have energy – at least now, at the beginning of the day, before eating anything. Correction: I just ate nine cranberries. Maybe I should only eat cranberries. But, after 10 or 11, I would probably have a stomach ache.

Okay – back to energy: I actually have it, so I get kind of excited about all the exciting things that are going on in my life. Of course that sounds logical, but I rarely rarely feel that excitement. I just think oh, how the hell am I going to be able to do this, any of it – go on this book tour, move, find a new apartment, edit this new anthology.

Well, I'll admit it – now I'm feeling tired again. Let's just think about that energy, the light, the lightness in my head, the excitement. But now I'm thinking about going back to bed. Do you see how fast it fades? Still I have that window, I'll think about that window, as I start the rest of my day.

No comments: