Monday, July 02, 2012

Something amazing

How much is in my head, and how much energy I have to get it out. I mean, all these fully-formed stories but then there's the crash: the story of the crash. That's not the story I want to write. First I want to write about Steamworks, and then about my mother, and then to get back to working on the new novel – but instead I start another edit on The End of San Francisco and damn this book is good! It's actually really fun to edit, too – these first few chapters are so tight that the last time I read through I kept going back and forth on tiny changes. But this time I see a few things that I think really make a difference.
BR> Then I'm on the fourth chapter – that one needs more work. I guess that's the good thing about doing 12 or 13 or 14 edits on a manuscript over several years – the time and all the reading through really helps to tighten everything, make it clearer and more sustained. At least that's what I'm hoping. Of course then there’s the story of the crash, the story of the pain in my arms, the story of how I need to catch a bus in just a little over a half-hour or so, to go to some healthcare practitioner that my the feldenkrais practitioner recommended, even though I don't know what it is exactly that she does. Hopefully something amazing, right? I guess we'll see.

No comments: