Friday, October 05, 2012

I am so sick of pro-military assholes on antiwar programs...


I don't know why I listened to this whole program. From the beginning it was clear that there would be at least one pro-military asshole using his (military) training in order to dominate – I am so sick of pro-military ("objective") assholes on antiwar programs. Can I say that again? I am so sick of pro-military assholes on antiwar programs. I don't mean to suggest that he didn't have some interesting information, just that the overall analysis was blighted because of his conscious lack of political engagement. At least the person from Iraq Veterans Against the War brought a global antiwar focus into the picture (and did have the last word), but unfortunately this crucial perspective was sidelined – if the antiwar perspective is sidelined even on an antiwar program, how will an antiwar analysis ever gain more traction?

No comments: