Monday, March 10, 2014

An interview about depression!

I did an interview with Sarah McCarry for her wonderful project called Working, a series of interviews with writers about depression, and after I answered the questions I found myself thinking: I hope this isn’t too depressing. Which is ironic, right, because the project is about depression. This made me think about how often those of us with chronic health issues (including depression) filter our experiences so that other people don’t feel too overwhelmed. Even healthcare practitioners, sometimes. And how this doesn’t serve us, or them. But what would it mean to say everything, to express it all, and how would this feel? I think it would help, but I don’t know how, exactly.

2 comments:

kayti said...

This is all so true.

mattilda bernstein sycamore said...

Thank you, Kayti!!!

Love--
mattilda