Saturday, March 08, 2014

The American dream

It seems to me that saying nothing in an eloquent way is still saying nothing. That dynamic between hating the town where you live and wondering if you should buy a condo must be what they mean when they say the American dream. I remember when this doctor I was seeing in Santa Fe wanted to do some new blood test that didn’t sound that useful, but I said okay, as long as it’s not too expensive. Then I went out and the receptionist told me it would be $775. I said you definitely do not have my permission to do that test. Then I got a call from the receptionist telling me the doctor thought I was abusing her medical privilege, she didn’t want to see me anymore. What is it about doctors that always ends up going wrong? I guess that’s the point of doctors.

No comments: